- separate sep‧a‧rate 1 [ˈseprt] adjective1. things that are separate are not connected or related to each other in any way:
• The finance team left to start a separate company.
• Many advertisers are running ads for two or more separate products.2. under separate cover if something is sent under separate cover, it is sent through the post in a different envelope from other documents:
• The information you requested is being sent under separate cover.— separately adverb :
• Debt should be stated on the balance sheet separately from other liabilities.
Financial and business terms. 2012.